Monday, February 27, 2006

My Trip to Koln..

Yesterday, myself and 10 others traveled to the nearby city of Koln (pronounced Colonge). It is about 1 1/2 hours by train and is a city that is higly recommend to visit when you are here in Germany. So... we got a group togehter and headed out around noonish, not knowing what we were really in for. The train ride was our first clue that this expierence was going to be quite interesting. When we boarded the train we found there were hundreds of Germans dressed in in what I thought to be Halloween Costumes. We soon found out that on this particular weekend there was not only a well attended soccer game in Koln but also what they call a Karnival. Basically one big party with brawtwerst, beer,soccer games, silly outfits and a chance to feed their flesh before lent, which starts this Wednesday. It was quite an interesting expeience to say the least, but also was a good cultural expierence. Being around 1 million Germans yesterday and in the 3 weeks that I have been here, I have come to the conculsion that Germany is in great need of a Revival. The lifestyle here is all about feeding the flesh, and it is so sad to see all of the children getting sucked up into it. So when you remember please pray for the people in Germany. I have also noticed in my 3 weeks that Germans aren't exactly the nicest people I have ever met, most tend to being running through life, and are quite inconsiderate of others. But again this is not to say all, and it does have a lot to do with the lifestyle and culture here. Anyways enough about that...I am having a great time here and am really looking forward to my upcoming outreach missions trip to Nice, France. And, yes... I have heard that the French aren't very nice towards Americans but itsn't that even more of a reason to reach out to them. So...if you could just pray that all of the details involved with this upcoming trip would work together, and that we would be able to be lights in a dark area. Thank again for all the prayers and comments. It is nice to know that you care.

Blessings and Prayers,

Shannon

Pictures are coming soon... and there are pictures of me too. And soon I will enlighten you on "THE DONNER".

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Shannon, Chelsea caught up with Garrett last night online. We could hear his voice! So, we thought we'd check in with you and your website and came to find there was no new information. What's up? Looks like you're pretty busy living and soaking up your adventure. We'll check in later. Grainers

March 05, 2006 12:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home