This past weekend Michelle, Kristi (one of the interns here at school) and I were able to take a short but sweet trip to Brussels, Belgium. It was one of the best times of my life...we left Friday morning around 10 am and we started our day off by running behind a train on the tracks for about a quarter mile hoping to catch the train… we missed at the next stop...needless to say the train was much faster than we could run. So...we ended up sitting and waiting for about an hour…5 minutes away from school. But the Lord was good and allowed us to hop the next one and still be in good spirits. It took us...I think 5 trains and 8 hours total travel and we arrived in Stuttgart, Belgium around 6pm. We stayed at the Holiday Inn, yes the Holiday Inn, and it was one of the nicest hotels I've ever stayed at. Everything went very smoothly and it wasn't long after we checked in that we headed out to take a look around town and find some dinner. We walked around for a while until we found a grocery store and there we stocked up on baguettes, meat, cream cheese, couscous, waffles, ice-cream, water…you know the necessities…and then headed back to the hotel for a relaxing evening. After stuffing ourselves full of sugar we watched a Belgium Candid Camera show…a little of a movie and then decided to call it a night.
Saturday morning we woke up around 8ish…and by 9:30ish we had pulled ourselves together and headed out the door…on the way to the hotel, Friday night, we were intrigued by a building and decided to check it out first….it ended up just happened to be one of the largest history and war museums in Europe and it was free entrance. We walked around inside for about an hour seeing everything from tanks, armor, swords, old fashion clothing, to cannons. After that we headed into Brussels…while in Brussels it seemed like every which way we turned there was something new to see or eat…we walked around all day and were able to see much of the town…seeing the Grand Place, Town Hall (Hotel de Villa, Manneken Pis (the towns famous statue of a little boy peeing), the EU building, Cathedral of Saints Michel and Gudule, Palais de Justice, the Royal Palace (Palais Royal), the Palais de la Nation, the Cinquatenaire Arch, walk around in Brussels Park, and well just enjoy the beautiful scenery.
I had a great trip and want to thank all of you who prayed for us…the Lord’s hand was evident in every part of the trip from travel, to hotel arrangements, to the weather, food…in everything. I would highly recommend Brussels, Belgium as a must see place…it is a town of diversity and many different places of interest and things to do. I wish that I could have stayed longer but am very thankful that I was given the opportunity. Please pray for revival there and that the Lord would place in on hearts to be missionaries there. Hey you never know maybe I will go back one day…of course, if it is the Lords will. Anyways…here are some pictures, hope you enjoy them.
God Bless…Shannon

Here is a picture of us (Kristi, Me, Michelle) in front of the Cinquatenaire Arch

Well I thought it would be appropriate to put a picture of us eating waffles since that consumed most of our time and money this trip...lol. But man were they worth it.

Here is a picture of us at the war museum ...it was really dark and they had gun shots going off as if you were at war it was funny then...you might have had to be there though. Oh well.

Salute...at the War Museum in front of the tanks...
Brussels Park in front of the Fountain...
That is all for know but I will try and get some more up later...hope you enjoy them.
1 Comments:
I really love reading your blogs Shan. I can tell you are different!! (Not that you were ever so bad):) Brussels looks amazing, how fun to bum around a cool town like that with some girl friend! I miss you, can we bonfire and sing worship songs (and smores, of course)??? Hope I can talk with you soon
Love SIS
Post a Comment
<< Home