Thursday, September 21, 2006

Waiting for the Redemption of our LORD!!!

Psalms 130
1Out of the depths I have cried to You, O LORD;
2Lord, hear my voice!
Let Your ears be attentive
To the voice of my supplications.
3If You, LORD, should mark iniquities,
O Lord, who could stand?
4But there is forgiveness with You,
That You may be feared.
5I wait for the LORD, my soul waits,
And in His word I do hope.
6My soul waits for the Lord
More than those who watch for the morning
Yes, more than those who watch for the morning.
7O Israel, hope in the LORD;
For with the LORD there is mercy,
And with Him is abundant redemption.
8And He shall redeem Israel
From all his iniquities.
This chapter really spoke to me this morning, the whole chapter but I will just share one verse...I was running in a park down the street from our house along the ocean and I was totally blessed by one of the most gorgeous sunrises ever...not that I could do God's art justice...but it was like a orange and red flaming fire ball coming up over majestic purple and blue mountains.... (yeah I'll stop there, I told you it would sound corny...just imagine something breath taking.) But back to the main point...I was so in awe of the sunset that I told myself that I was going to get up early every morning so that I could see the sunrise...but see what I realized, once I got back and read this chapter, was that I was enjoying His creation more that God the creator; of course I was thanking Him but... not the way I should have been. I was wanting to get up every morning to SEE SOMETHING...not to SEEK HIM! And that's what he showed me in this chapter in verse 6...that I need to be longing for the Lord more than morning, that I should be waking up aching and longing for our Bridegroom. We can never get enough of His goodness...He seeks to bless us and prosper us...the Lord is so good! Thanks for reading hope you are encouraged! Have a blessed day!
~Shannon~

3 Comments:

Blogger Hill Family said...

wow, thanks for sharing. Good stuff Shannon. Isn't it cool how reading the Word takes our understanding of who God is deeper each time.
Love and miss you.
heather

September 21, 2006 11:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shannon ,Your run and thoughts really help my morning and my own devotional time and To know why we seek him . So thank you very much. Love, Auntie Candace

September 21, 2006 11:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Typhoon ShanShan..
I just want to tell you that you rock nike girl..It's really been a joy to meet you and to know you this far. Girl, isn't the LORD is good...that's why the Word of GOD says that there is no excuse not to know that there is a LIVING GOD because of HIS creation will speak volume of the Creator...

Call unto me and I will show you great and mighty things...Jeremiah 33:3

In Christ love,
Sandra V.

September 24, 2006 12:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home